If you are in the process of straightening your teeth using metal braces in Encino, there are certain practices you should follow and some restrictions you’ll want to avoid as well to ensure the most optimal outcome. It is essential to develop a healthy routine that is conducive to properly caring for your metal braces Encino.
Seven Steps or Properly Caring for Your Metal Braces
- Oral hygiene is everything. When it comes to teeth straightening Encino, you won’t be very happy if a host of cavities are discovered when your braces are removed. Practicing great oral hygiene is ultra-important to avoid disruption of your treatment plan. Clean your teeth regularly using a soft-bristled toothbrush and fluoride toothpaste. Brush at least twice a day and after meals when you can.
- Floss daily. Flossing is a little more complicated when you are wearing metal braces Encino. Don’t let that stop you though. You certainly don’t want food stuck in your braces for the world to see nor do you want the plaque to build up between your teeth because of not flossing.
- Clean your braces. Adult metal braces must be cleaned with a dental irrigating system or you will risk your teeth beneath the braces becoming stained from coffee, tea, smoking, and eating certain foods. To avoid having stripes or discoloration once the braces are removed, invest in an oral irrigation system and use it at least once per day. Pediatric metal braces may require the use of an oral irrigation system too but be sure to check with your orthodontist Encino prior to use.
- Follow the rules. Your orthodontist Encino will give you a list of things to do and not do. Adhere to the rules and your chances of reaping the best results will greatly increase. The rules regarding metal braces in Encino are there for a reason. Decades of research have gone into the practice of caring for metal braces so it is best not to question them and to simply fully follow your orthodontist’s instructions.
- Use the recommended oral hygiene products. When you initially get your metal braces Encino, your orthodontist will advise you of certain brands suggested for oral hygiene such as toothpaste, mouthwash, and even dental floss. It is best to adhere to the suggestions as some products are better than others when it comes to those who wear braces.
- Avoid hard candy and overly sticky foods. You won’t be wearing your Encino metal braces forever. It is best to refrain from food and snacks that can harm your metal braces such as taffy, gum, and Hard candy can break your braces and your teeth. If you indulge, you’ll most likely pay the price.
- Visit your orthodontist in Encino regularly. When you get your braces, periodic regular appointments will be set up for the duration of the time you’ll be wearing them. Do your best to keep the appointments. Your orthodontist will be able to spot any issues that are arising when you go in for your check-up which may help you to avoid bigger problems down the road.
Problems Most Encountered with Metal Braces
While there are far more benefits than drawbacks, there are a few problems you may possibly encounter when wearing adult metal braces Encino or that your child or teen may experience. Some of the most common include:
- Tooth pain. Pain is the most common complaint among those who wear metal braces.
- Gum issues. Metal braces can irritate your gums, especially when you first get them.
- It’s not uncommon to get mouth sores when you have metal braces.
- White stains on teeth. Demineralization is a problem you may encounter.
Unaddressed, these issues could be a real problem but when you talk them over with your orthodontist Encino, you’ll be presented with solutions.
The Journey to a Radiant Smile
Whether for your child, teen, or yourself, braces in Encino provide countless benefits including straight, well-aligned teeth. Straight teeth improve oral health, reducing issues like tooth decay, enamel wear, and TMJ/TMO pain.
You’ll also be promoting self-esteem because studies prove that those with aesthetically pleasing teeth tend to smile more often. Keep in mind that you are working towards the smile you’ve always dreamed of. A good attitude is everything.
For queries about adult, child, or teen metal braces, don’t hesitate to contact your Encino orthodontist. It’s always better to ask than to make a poor decision and pay the price. Schedule an appointment right away if something goes wrong to fix it. It’s important to get a broken band replaced promptly.
Your journey with metal braces Encino will be what you make it – like any other area of your life. What you put into it will be what you get out of it. Proper care of your metal braces now ensures long-term benefits and a healthier smile in the future.
Finding the Best Metal Braces in Encino
If you are looking for “metal braces near me”, be sure to check out CaliSmile Orthodontics in Encino. Our dedicated team provides unmatched professional orthodontic care at competitive prices in Encino and surrounding areas. Call today and speak to our orthodontist Encino about metal braces or to address any other dental question or concern – (310) 710-6527 .