How to take care of my braces during the COVID-19 pandemic?
Dr. Amir has a few tips:
- Brush and floss your teeth at least twice a day. Be sure to go under the wires at a 45-degree angle, top and bottom.
- Remember to floss each tooth, even the far-back ones. Rinse with mouthwash at the end for much fresher breath. Not brushing or flossing may cause caries or inflammation on your gums.
- Eating and drinking with braces:
- Stick to foods that require less chewing, like apple sauce, mashed potatoes, ice cream, yogurt, and soups.
- Be extra careful when eating hard food, such as carrots, apples, and candies. They will break the brackets or even your wire, causing you pain.
- Avoid hard shell tacos, chips, caramel candies, and gum.
- Minimize sugary drinks and foods, such as soda, juices, cake, candies, and coffee. They may cause discoloration or stains to your teeth.
You may still eat certain hard foods like apples and carrots, but make sure to cut them into small pieces.
To protect yourself against coronavirus, wash your hands regularly for at least 20 seconds with soap and water or alcohol-based hand sanitizers.
Please give us a call at 310-710-6527 or if you have further questions, and be safe.
Book your free Consultation now!
Check out our before & after gallery!